- ArcMap - QGIS function cross reference.
- Plugins: Serval, qfieldsync
- Custom Data Entry Forms
- Stu Smith has started a document that cross references features in Esri ArcMap with how that same function can be accomplished in QGIS. Stu will send his document to Paul McCombs who will create a Google doc and link it from the web site.
- Stu has found a plugin Serval that can be used to update values for individual raster grid cells or rectangles.
- Stu also found an interesting plugin for Qfield
- Andrew has developed a number of QGIS custom data entry forms.
- Several types of input are available.
- You can build custom forms using QT widgets.
- You need to install development tools, which are included in OSGeo4w.
- It has a drag and drop graphic interface.
- You need to rename the widgets to match the data fields that you associate them with.
- Andrew had an example form with 4 tabs.
- One tab has pictures that you can move through and see them right in the form, which uses web views.
- Custom forms make it easier for data entry and viewing.
- You can use python to validate values and alter the text formatting based on that validation.
- Peter Keum has started looking at Discover QGIS, a curriculum for teaching GIS with QGIS.